Hold off buying a new macbook?

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new Macbook but I read on Engadget that Apple might be introducing a new one before Christmas. Have you guys heard anything on this? What should I do?

Reaction score
The rumours are that a new iMac and MacBook are on the way ... my guess would be around the end of this month or early November (to combat the release of Windows 7 on October 22nd and the new wave of i7 quad core PC laptops coming that same week). So, I would hold off on a new MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
****, i just bought mine last week.

OP
B
Reaction score
lets all cross our fingers that the price will remain about the same.

ya no kidding. My girlfriend's birthday is on Nov 9 so I was going to get her a new comp for her birthday and xmas present. Hopefully they come out with a new one!

Reaction score
I know we will all find out soon enough, but I bought my macbook pro 13 inch last week because it just came out in June.

So, based on their prior releases, this is too soon in it's life cyle to release anything dramatic.

I understand that the iMacs are at the end of their life cycle so new ones would be appropriate, and maybe some upgrades for the pro 15 and 17 inches..

but any thoughts on no changes to the 13 inch pro?

Reaction score
spoke too soon. read others answers in another thread.

(im going to post these questions in the same thread as where i found above answer, sorry if this is inappropriate)

but what upgrades could there possibly be?

nothing like design or adding bluray?

just merely specs like GHz or ram or hard drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.