problem installing flash 9 (nothing new I'm sure)

Reaction score
cuttin to the chase, bought a mac secondhand off a friend with mac os x 10.2.8 on it (explains why such an old version of os x).

been trying to upgrade the flash player (which is currently...6 i believe) to 9. have gone through the adobe site and followed all their prompts in addition to at least ten other forums upon my search for a solution, all to no avail :(

have tried various combinations of the following but mainly:

-I delete the old flash plug in file and folder from the internet plug ins folder in library.
- drag the two new plug in file and folder from the downloaded flash mount thing (ok, so my terminology ain't so crash hot...) and into the aforementioned folder.
- exit firefox, restart computer, even go into disk utilities and run repair permissions

BUT regardless of what order I do this in, everytime I test what version I have on adobe's site or try to view something on youtube etc, nada, still the same version

now, it may be something really simple, but alas, my limited knowledge in such things prohibits me from resolve.

is there any advice from you guys? would be much appreciated. cheers!

kind regards,

marcus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
You are trying to update Flash intended for a newer system is probably the reason. You can update the machine easily to Tiger and you will get an updated Flash version but not 9 perhaps as I updated to version 9 and I am on Leopard.

Update the OS and you will be happier. Then update the Flash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.