Unexplainable Behaviour

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
I have no clue as to how this happened. I had a folder with the first 10 episodes of "Weeds". All the files seem to have been duplicated somehow, right down to the label colour of the file. The reason I made some of them green was to indicate to myself that I had watched them.

huh.tif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
If you use a pen tablet and it has even happened to me with the mouse when I was getting used to the sensitivity of the mac... I have a habit of 'shaking' slightly or maybe it was my settings with how the pen responds (hover click or click and tap) and then mac makes a copy of selected files or I've lost things off my dock (until I locked it O:) ).

It might help, but check your settings and there might be a reason that it is making copies other then mouse and pen tablet settings ;)

Hope that helps

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
If you use a pen tablet and it has even happened to me with the mouse when I was getting used to the sensitivity of the mac... I have a habit of 'shaking' slightly or maybe it was my settings with how the pen responds (hover click or click and tap) and then mac makes a copy of selected files or I've lost things off my dock (until I locked it O:) ).

It might help, but check your settings and there might be a reason that it is making copies other then mouse and pen tablet settings ;)

Hope that helps

Hey buddy, thats an interesting thought.

Although I do not use a pen tablet (although I've been considering getting one of those awesome bamboo multi-touch tablets) I have found the mouse settings to be extremely weird ever since switching to mac a couple of years ago.

But I just got a bluetooth wireless mighty mouse to replace my old wired mighty mouse and I found it even worse.

It seems that the slider in mouse settings for Tracking doesn't have consistent functionality, although I think its slightly less annoying in Snow Leopard than Leopard.

I guess its possible I might have inadvertently selected the files and option-dragged them, but judging by the selection pattern of the files that got copied, I would think it would be very difficult for this to happen without doing it on purpose.

P.S. I just realized you're a fellow Canadian. Props.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Yay Canada! LOL

The pen is great, not so great on PC - it just didn't feel right and it's not so good for some of the games on facebook if you use that so you can't really get rid of your mouse.. Mine is a few years old, but the newer ones have a lot of added features and I like mine for photoshop..

I've seen a few people saying that about the wireless and also strange issues with it. It might be a matter of finding settings that work for you, deleting or fixing pref files and making sure that the probs aren't software related... With Snow Leopard you need to do disk utility things from the dvd and clear up as much problems as you can...

Hey buddy, thats an interesting thought.

Although I do not use a pen tablet (although I've been considering getting one of those awesome bamboo multi-touch tablets) I have found the mouse settings to be extremely weird ever since switching to mac a couple of years ago.

But I just got a bluetooth wireless mighty mouse to replace my old wired mighty mouse and I found it even worse.

It seems that the slider in mouse settings for Tracking doesn't have consistent functionality, although I think its slightly less annoying in Snow Leopard than Leopard.

I guess its possible I might have inadvertently selected the files and option-dragged them, but judging by the selection pattern of the files that got copied, I would think it would be very difficult for this to happen without doing it on purpose.

P.S. I just realized you're a fellow Canadian. Props.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.