My Powerbook 400MHz Bronze Keybd won't boot

C

CyberHustla

Hello all,

I have a Powerbook 400Mhz/1MB cache/64MB/10GB HD /8MB Video/DVD

When I turn the unit on it just has a grey screen that is about an inch to the left. If use some of the key bd restes it goes to an os prompt and I can try commands like: mac-boot or reset-nvram or reset-all but nothing wiill make it boot. I also tried holding down they key sequence go get to the boot device chooser and it get me ther but won't show the HD or CD/DVD drives.

Thank for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hmm, sounds like its booting into open firmware mode or verbose , is there a lot of text? have you trying booting into single user mode? command + S will start in single user mode. also, have you recently installed any apps or fonts right before or around the time this problem came up?

OP
C

CyberHustla

Yes, I think it is in Verbose mode

Macman said:
hmm, sounds like its booting into open firmware mode or verbose , is there a lot of text? have you trying booting into single user mode? command + S will start in single user mode. also, have you recently installed any apps or fonts right before or around the time this problem came up?

I just tried the apple key & S key combination... It didn't work Thanks for the sugguestion tho. I am having the same issues with an ibook clamshell firewire too. I used Macs years ago but have since turned to the dark side (windows machines)... I guess this is what I get for turning my back on the Mac (haha)

I appreciate any help you can give me.

OP
C

CyberHustla

I don't Know...

Macman said:

I do not know if any fonts or programs were installed be fore it crashed... A friend just gave me these two units. Do you know of any command I can type wile in verbose mode that will allow me to mount the HD or CD-rom drives. Also I do not know how to check the OS version. Do you know of a command that will give me some machine specific info or how I can list the co :eek:neye: mmands available to me in verbose mode?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.