Reformatting from Tiger

Reaction score
I currently am running on Tiger, and I just bought Snow Leopard today (the $30 version) and the guy at the Genius Bar said I could reformat when I'm installing Snow Leopard (even though I'm supposed to get the box set). How would I go about doing this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Installing the upgrade version of Snow Leopard violates the EULA for OS X (section 2C): "If you have purchased an Upgrade for Mac OS X Leopard license, then subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer as long as that computer has a properly licensed copy of Mac OS X Leopard already installed on it."

As such, you won't be getting any help for doing this.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ah, capitalism at it's best. Trying to milk you for your money when it isn't necessary at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.