• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Looking for a camcorder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
hello guys and new using Mac..... I'm looking to see if anyone can put me in the right direction. I going on vacations real soon for Christmas I am looking for a camcorder, I am not a professional when it become to video editing Im just want to be able to save it on my Mac, my budget is about $300 maybe few extra bucks.. Thanks guys i will really appreciate any help.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 15.4" Santa Rosa (C2D, 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)
In short, the Sony SR47.. end of story.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi! I'm in a similar situation! Going on vacation in New Orleans over Christmas...need a good HD (it can have internal hard drive memory or I can buy the SD cards - which is the only reason I won't buy Sony..a totally different memory card format! What WERE THEY THINKING???).
I'm just interested in:

Must work on my new Macbook running '09 on everything and OS 10.6.1
Must be able to capture decent video in low light
Must be small and portable
able to capture "action" shots and not be a "blur"! and must be
Easy to operate

Have looked on Consumer Reports, Newegg reviews, Amazon, etc. and I'm just as confused as ever! I was going for the Canon Vixia HG21.
Can anyone suggest anything? I'm kinda leery on buying a "not well known and respected" brand...six months from now we'll have a bunch of new camcorders, so no use in paying too much $$$!!

Thanks in advance!
Shadylady88

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 15.4" Santa Rosa (C2D, 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)
If you can find it in clearance or NOS (new old stock), then go for the Canon Vixia HF10/HF100 series.. (HF10 has built-in memory; HF100 does not, and simply needs you to put in an SDHC card). In any instance, when you *do* look for additional SDHC cards to beef up your recording time, ALWAYS spend the extra few shekels and get Class 6 cards. The specs say you only need to use Class 4, but you'll thank yourself in the long haul. Oh, and don't forget an extra battery.

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.