Upgrading Updates or Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X: Version 10.6, Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz
Ok this is my question. My friend has a 120GB ipod classic an I really like how all the album art is scrollable like in itunes. Is there a way my 30GB (3rd Gen) can upgrade to this software without buying a new hard drive for it? Please let me know if this is possible because I really like that feature.

Thanks

Reaction score
Cover Flow is pretty nifty, however, when Apple releases a new iPod type, the previous iPod type is now supported only by warranty. Updates after the newer iPod came out are RARE.

(Ex. When your friends iPod Classic came out, your iPod, along with the 4th and 5th generations no longer receive software updates).

It sucks I know.

Be careful about running a new HDD with the new software- the internal board and its components may not function with the new software, rendering it useless. If you do use a new HDD, you'll have to get one that has the iPod Classic operating system on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.