files on my flashdrive that I didn't put there

Reaction score
I have a Macbook with OSX 10.4.11. The computers at my school are PCs and unfortunately, buggy and virus prone. Yesterday when I took my flashdrive (which I use on the PCs) and plugged it into my macbook, I saw some files, which I didn't put there. There was one that read autorun.inf, that one was locked. Other ones, such as, document and password, (I forgot their extension names) were easy to trash and delete? My questions are, and I apologize, if they are obvious to others is, was that a virus? And if so, does it work on my macbook. I know that very few viruses work on both (if any do on macs), and I downloaded and ran clamxav to detect any other viruses for me to trash, but I was just wondering if I should do anything more for protection, or be concerned. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
If I may add; the autorun file is used by Windows so that when you plug in the Flashdrive, Windows automatically recognizes it and can access it. Some flashdrives also include software from the vendor so that you can more easily transfer files, so they may have their own program window.

It doesn't really mean anything to the Mac OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.