Stupid Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Non Intel based I-Mac
I can see all the hoopla and excitement over Snot Leapord, but I'm still struggling with the last version and with the various glitches reported with S/L think I'll wait.

The present version only has one idiosyncracy that drives me up a wall. So here's the question.

Everytime I download something the file winds up in a Pooka (my term for an Icon in the dock) just prior to the trash. Its called downloads. If I drag the newly acquired file out to the desktop this Icon disappears. Thanks Apple, but just putting it on the desktop was fine. Now its a chore to clean up, since I have to do the following: click drag to DT, click drag to trash, click drag another, click drag.... I cannot select more than one file at a time and the whole process is cumbersome. Isn't there some way to bag this whole FEATURE?

Thanks

KKKKFL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
That's actually a setting in your browser preferences, now stop taking it out on Apple!!! hehe
Save to: Desktop

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And there is also the option to open that download folder in Finder where you can select as many files simultaneously as you would like.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Non Intel based I-Mac
Thanks for the tip on "open in finder"

I was thinking it referred to just one file but if I understand you, clicking "open in finder" will pop up another window and it will contain all downloaded files? I can then do a multi select of the files that I no longer desire, drag to the trash and be done with them.

Mucho gratis again.

KKKKFL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.