What are your most anticipated features of Tiger?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm looking forward to Dashboard of course; I really like how they integrated it into Tiger. It's there waiting to be used; yet, it's non-obtrusive.

I also like Automator, but I'm not sure, if I'll have many uses for it, but it should suffice whatever needs I may have for it in the future.

I think that I'll really like the RSS Visualizer Screen Saver. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click on the link below.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15586

If you still are not sure of what features you like, check out the whole list on Apple's site:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/newfeatures.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Spotlight...Spotlight will completely change the way I use my Mac. With search speeds to fast and accurate, I don't believe I'll ever go crawling through a file hierarchy, when I can find what I want in less than a second with search.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
macaudiodj said:
64 Bit processing.
You can never have too much speed.

:D

Keep in mind, although Tiger will bring signifigant speed increases for all Macs, The PowerMac and iMac lines will see the most improvement --overall. When Tiger is first available, most applications will not be able to take advantage of 64 bit, and therefore you'll notice almost no difference, caused by the 64 bit. However, as more and more apps become "64 bit ready", they indeed will have a pretty signifigant increase in speed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
those are cool features, though I personally am really looking forward to the new mail features, and updates to quartz extreme for improved graphics even without use of CI/CV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
The three features I'm most excited about are the dashboard, the dashboard, and the dashboard. :D I'm a total info nerd and can't wait to have so much information, such as weather and a stock ticker right there all the time. I'm also really looking foreword to the 64bit aspect knowing that I'll finally be utilizing more of my G5's potential.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Definitely spotlight.. I expect dashboard will be a close second

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.