Menu fonts gone wierd

Reaction score
My collegue is using Linotype Font Explorer X, he needed a different LucidaGrande font in Quark and proceeded to move fonts around in finder, now all his menus are destroyed. :Shouting:

I've tried to get it back working for him, I've run FontNuke with no success. His Linotype font manager is showing 11 LucidaGrande fonts!

Can anyone help with this, obviously it's rendered him even more useless than normal...

Here are some screen grabs from Quark and Linotype that illustrate the problem.

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
My collegue is using Linotype Font Explorer X, he needed a different LucidaGrande font in Quark and proceeded to move fonts around in finder, ...

By that, I think you mean in the Root level > Library > Fonts folder. (?) Perhaps you could try isolating that folder for safekeeping, and replacing it with one from another Mac running the same OS. I don't know if it will like that, thus the first recommendation. Otherwise, the way to get System-wide things back to their defaults is to reinstall the entire OS. Sleep on it.:Sleeping:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.