Can I use the Genius Bar if I did not purchase at Apple store?

Reaction score
Is genious support available to those who purchased online or at another merchant (like Best Buy)?

Thanks,
Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
if it's under warranty, or you have apple care.. absolutely. Not sure about how it would work outside that, might be billable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
I've been to the Genius Bar a couple times. The most recent visit took place a little over a month ago. I was there to fix a problem with my iPhoto library not syncing to my iPhone. Neither the MacBook nor the iPhone were purchased at the Apple Store. I did not get charged for their services. My guess is that it's because this was a software related issue and not a hardware problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Just to further clear things up, it doesn't matter if you purchased your product online, in store or at Best Buy etc. If the product is still under warranty either through the standard warranty or Apple Care extended warranty, the Genius Bar will help you as long as it's an Apple product. Like Dysfunction mentioned, if your product is out of warranty, you may have to pay a fee to be helped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I got my MBP at Best Buy and my AppleCare ran out months ago, but I've gotten help at the Genius bar lots of times since then. They even replaced my Magsafe power adapter for free (because they knew that they were a fire hazard).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
Actually, you don't even need to be under warranty to use the Genius Bar. I took a 3 year old ipod there for a problem and they helped me out with no question. I had to make a reservation but that was it, no charge and no question about warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
^ Good to know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.