Recommend Apps for Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro. 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 500GB HD
So, as some of you may have seen, I have upgraded from my original core duo macbook running tiger, to this sexy new 13" MBP! I have now upgraded from the stock 160GB Hard drive, to a hefty 7200RPM 500GB I picked up on sale at Best Buy for $90USD.

I am basically looking for any cool and or useful programs to install. Free or not ;). Let me know your favorites, and a brief idea of what the app is for.

Here is my current list...

Absolute Poker
Adium
Adobe CS4 Master Suite
Age of Empires III
coconutBattery
CrossOver
djay
iBench
iWork09
iLife09
lincity-ng
LiquidMac (lol, its pretty neat, tilt the MBP and the wave moves how u tilt it, kinda like the level app on iphone)
Mach Desktop
Onverse
Stuffit
TextWrangler
The Sims 3
Toast 10 Titanium
uTorrent
VLC
Flip4Mac WMV
Growl
Perian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I would highly recommend Transmission instead of uTorrent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Onyx, and just use wine instead of crossover, same thing but no cost to you. I'll add more apps its just that I'm not at my mac right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 09 MBP17 w/ 2.93 GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, 320GB 7200RPM HDD
Agree on Transmission vs. uTorrent.

Stuffit is very expensive and wants to take over your Mac in a variety of obnoxious ways. The Unarchiver is a free solution that does very nicely.

I prefer Crossover to WINE because of the support.

I stopped installing Flip4Mac. It never seemed to work well in Safari for me. Perian alone seems to get the job done anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I dissagrea with AppDelete, since the idea is that you don't install crap on a mac... so there's no need of a deleting app...
but that's off course only my opinion ;)

bye the way, even though I know I better shouldn't say this, but I couldn't do without:
Paralells 4

sorry guys.. business stuff.. lot's of companies who havn't yet found the beauty and the healt benefits of apple...

Reaction score
AppCleaner is another great one for deleting apps and their related files
NeoOffice (for anyone who doesn't want to pay for iWork or Mac Office)
SweetHome3D (great design program for Mac)

That's all I can think of right now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
There are tons of threads for recommended apps. :)

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro. 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 500GB HD
Hey what was the brand HDD you bought??

Seagate Momentus.

They had them on the clearance shelf because that overstocked them at my store, they were 'last years model' of the drive, they now have a new model that comes in what almost looks like a plain cardboard box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
istat menus ; Great for monitoring your MBP
apptrap ; For deleting applications and all related files. You wont even know its there.
skitch ; fast and fun screen capture and image sharing. Easy to post photo's
Handbrake ; HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 converter. It is free and you can use it to put your favorite DVDs on your iPod. By ripping a DVD to an AVI, MPG, or MOV file, you benefit from small and portable file sizes, your own file naming, and free conversion software

Just a few i use regularly ....
Have to make another hit for istat menus ... Great little app ...

Cheers

Reaction score
Here are all the third-party applications that I have in my Macbook:

1. Adium (Free): Best chat client for Mac, period. It supports everything from AIM to MSN, from Yahoo to Facebook - you name it.

2. Awaken ($): An alarm clock application that wakes you up from your sleep even if your Mac is asleep. The ringtones can be set to your iTunes playlists, your Genius playlist, or just the entire library from song number one or shuffled. This also has remote support.

3. CoverSutra ($): Application that allows you to quickly control your iTunes through keyboard shortcuts, and do spotlight-like search of your entire library to change songs. It also displays the currently played song momentarily on your screen when the song changes, not to mention the album art displayed in the dock. Very, very cool.

4. Transmission (Free): The best torrent-related application.

5. ShakeSpeer (Free): Peer-To-Peer application that I used occasionally.

6. TweetDeck (Free): For Twitter, if you are into Twitter.

7. Skype (Free): I use Skype for video chatting as well as international phone calls at extremely low rates (about 3 Euros monthly for a specific country that isn't your own).

8. YouSendIt (Free): Application to send files to the e-mails.

9. Photobook (Free): To import photographs from Facebook to iPhoto.

10. AppFresh (Free): To keep all my third-party applications up to date.

11. Keyboard Cleaner (Free): To disable my keyboard when I am cleaning it.

12. OnyX (Free): Maintenance application that cleans up the internals of my Mac.

13. Poladroid (Free): An application to turn photographs into instant-film looking photographs, complete with effects.

14. Skitch (Free): Screen capture and rendering application. It is also very useful for random scribbles that you might wanna write down.

15. Google Notifier (Free): Menubar application that allows me to know if I have new e-mails coming into my Gmail account.

16. Amazon Album Art Widget (Free): To import album artwork into my iTunes.

17. Handbrake (Free): To rip DVDs into my Mac. It also does a lot of other nifty works, though.

18. Get Tube (Free): To rip sound off YouTube videos.

19. Leopard Docks (Free): Application to change the design of my dock.

20. Comic Life (Free): Application to make your own comic book!

21. StuffIt Expander (Free): To unzip various file formats.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.