500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

OR

Macbook Pro 15"
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB

I am a big gamer, so i need a computer that will be very fast. I understand that the graphics card on the 15" is much better, but it only has half the RAM....
So, is it better to have more RAM and less clock speed (GHz) or more GHz and less RAM??

Any help would be really appreciated!:D
P.s. I upgraded them so they are relatively the same price so pricing is not an issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
I know a lot of people are going to say that if you are looking for gaming then a MBP is generally going to not be for you. Get a PC and make it a gaming rig. That is what a lot of people say. However, if you are going to do gaming then it is about processing power and also your graphics card. Not necessarily ram. Plus having a bigger screen is a plus, but I am guessing that you will plug in an external monitor and have an external gaming keyboard and mouse (if you are a serious gamer).

So if I were you, I would go for the 15" that you have listed.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
First of all I'm going to suggest that you don't need 8 gig of ram in laptop choice #1.

But if gaming is a big part of your computing needs, and you want a Mac laptop, then you pretty much have to go with choice #2.

As far as your ghz & ram question. When your talking having at least 4 gig of ram (more ram than most people need)...then IMHO more CPU speed is more important.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.