CD/DVD Drive multiple disks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
I'm just curious as to whether or not my MBP will let me know that I have a CD in the drive when trying to insert another one. Does anyone know what happens when you try to put a CD in and there is already one in there? Does it spit it back out or does it not let it even go in? Or does it get jammed? Lol, I'm always nervous that when I put a CD in I may have forgotten one in there and I don't think I'm brave enough to test this. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2 2GB
I'm just curious as to whether or not my MBP will let me know that I have a CD in the drive when trying to insert another one. Does anyone know what happens when you try to put a CD in and there is already one in there? Does it spit it back out or does it not let it even go in? Or does it get jammed? Lol, I'm always nervous that when I put a CD in I may have forgotten one in there and I don't think I'm brave enough to test this. Thanks.

It just won't go in. No harm no foul, it just won't let you get more than an inch into the drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
I somehow once managed to get 2 disks jammed into a PowerBook, but normally it's not possible.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

You will also have an "image" of the CD/DVD on your Mac's Desktop to also indicate that you have a disk in the drive.

- Nick

OP
ImageX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Thanks for the info. guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.