a few ?'s about time capsule

Reaction score
i was considering getting a time capsule.
but have a few questions i would like answered for.

1. i usually watch divx films on my ps3 and i was wondering would the ps3 be able to read the files on the time capsule. i assume it won't but just incase theres some app that will make the ps3 able to read it. i said i'd ask.

2. i heard there is 2 different time capsules. the older time capsules can only use one wifi band at once. don't know exactly wat the difference is hoping ye would know if it is true.

3. i know you can hook up a printer or a external hardrive via the usb port but can you hook up both of them to the time capsule at the same tome.

4. are they actually any good or just a waste of money.

Thanks for any help

OP
A
Reaction score
one more question.
can this replace your dsl routor. cuz mine is a load of s**t. or does it only hook up to the routor

greatful for any help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please refer to the following Apple Time Capsule review which should answer most of your questions.

Also, the Apple Time Capsule Setup Guide in PDF format.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 13" 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD
Would you need to hook up a external hard drive to the time capsule since the time capsule is a external drive as well as a router? I know there is a USB port, so I don't think you could hook a printer and a drive to it unless you get one of those cables that let you hook up two devices into one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Would you need to hook up a external hard drive to the time capsule since the time capsule is a external drive as well as a router? I know there is a USB port, so I don't think you could hook a printer and a drive to it unless you get one of those cables that let you hook up two devices into one.

Better still choose a goal and then sus the path to get there. Back ups; which is important, being able to get back to older versions of a document, to have a bootable back up in case of hardware failure etc. USB port can be for an additional HD or a printer but then there are so many Multi-functions that can do wireless and with more than one computer on your LAN that could be a better choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
you can connect as many hard drives, and printers to the USB port as you want, my advise is you just make sure you use hi speed USB-hubs.. elseway your connection gets crappy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
The TC hard drive can be used for storage of any type of files just like any other type of HD. Just don't let it get completely full, or weird things happen to your Time Machine backups. As long as it doesn't fill up completely though, Time Machine backups and whatever else you put on it can reside together side by side. Not sure if the PS3 can read it over WiFi though. I don't own one. Windows PCs have no problem reading it.

There are 2 models of TC. The difference is the size of the built in HD. One is 500GB, the other is 1TB.

Also, check for refurbished models on the Apple store website. They have some great deals with the same warranty as a brand new model. The only difference is that they come in a plain brown cardboard box instead of a shiny glossy one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.