Totally Dead NEW Bettery?

Reaction score
hey,

i recently bought a new battery for my macbook, and it worked well until i firstly ran outta battery, because it didnt go on standby, it shut down entirely, and this has been happening alot lately when it runs outta bettery, is there a chance that my macbook uses the entire battery instead of leaving a little charge to stay no stand by?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
did you calibrate the battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've never had my Macbook go to sleep when it ran out of battery, it simply shut down. I don't think you're experiencing any odd behavior here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
My uMBP comes up saying its on reserve power when I get low and says it will automatically go into standby. Not sure if its an option or not but I was under the impression it automatically would go into a low power state.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
My uMBP comes up saying its on reserve power when I get low and says it will automatically go into standby. Not sure if its an option or not but I was under the impression it automatically would go into a low power state.

I have the same with my MB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I just had a google.... and this is normal behaviour for the MB to go to sleep before battery runs out.
You may want to try a battery updater download from apple.

MacBook: About Battery Updater 1.4

Just read that if the updater doesn't work that battery may be faulty!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.