GMAIL.....MAIL problem

Reaction score
i'm trying to use my GMAIL account with my Mail program. I did exactly everything gmail says to do for pop accounts. I can send messages with no problems but sometimes i receive my messages and other times i don't. Does anyone know of any problems with Gmail or would it be with Mail? thanks

J

Jordan

I find that Gmail works fine in my Mail programme about 95% of the time. Every so often however, mail has some sort of problem connecting to Gmail but the problem usually solves itself in a short amount of time.

I know a short while back that I was having trouble getting the two to play nice but it was a result of my landlord blocking every port he could on the router. Maybe this is your case - not the crazy German landlord, but rather some ports being blocked that you need open.

Good luck,

Jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
I have had zero problems, I only use mail if Im waiting for an email and want it to check every minute for me, but Ive never encountered any issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
Gmail has not been a problem for me. Although the ports that Gmail suggests for downloading mail is sometimes slow, sending mail is not a problem.

T

Thud

misskool said:
Gmail has not been a problem for me. Although the ports that Gmail suggests for downloading mail is sometimes slow, sending mail is not a problem.

At first, I couldn't get Mail to connect to the POP server to download messages. Then I realized that I didn't have "SSL" selected in the Mail pop server setup for gmail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.