DVD Burning....What Am I Doing Wrong?!? :(

Reaction score
I followed the instructions in the Disk Utility to copy a DVD. This is not a protected DVD, just some stuff I recorded for myself off the TV. I created the image (dmg file), then clicked on "burn" and it took a few minutes, the process seemed to be working. Disk was ejected and all seemed fine. But when I put the DVD back in to play it looks as if there's nothing there, and nothing plays, yet the DVD can't be written to again.

The very first 1 I copied worked, subsequent ones did not. What could I have done wrong?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
I don't think you burn a .dmg file - that's a program disc image file, not a video file. Were you using iDVD?

T

todd51

Try using Handbrake. It should be able to copy the DVD to your computer in just about any format you want to use it for. Then I would use something like Burn to copy it back to another DVD.

Of course if you want to, you can spend the money for Toast, and just click "Copy Disc".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.