Flight Simulation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20 inch
Hi all,

I`m new to the world of Mac. I have just deserted 3 years of windows vista ****.

Could somebody give me some advice on the best possible flight sim for the imac, and alsowhich ones should i avoid.

What joystick do you recommend?

Thanks.................Howard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
old Dual 2.0 G5, new(er) ibook, old ibook, Mac Plus
Welcome to the mac side!

For native mac flight sims you have only a few current options that I know of:

Targetware :: Unlimited Expansion Flight Sims

Free Massively Multiplayer Flight Combat Simulator and Tank Combat Simulator

X-Plane

Download OSX SkyFighters 1945 for Mac - World War II flight simulator. MacUpdate Mac Simulation Software Downloads

Targetware is the best bet, is free and multiplayer with windows and linux users. It is however beta and user made so not always a lot of action online.

You can also run windows on your new mac. I think Il2 would be a top choice.
Pacific Fighters | Ubisoft

Any others?

Matt

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
For OS X there's only one real professional FS available and that's X-Plane. You do need discrete graphics to adequately fly the simulator though. Only one thing about it I don't like and that is you have to have the original DVD loaded at all times to play. Although some folks claim you can create a virtual image instead.

My other recommendation is to run Windows via Boot Camp and install the MS Flight Simulator program. If you have discrete graphics, MS FS X is the way to go. If not, most older versions will work fine.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.