New Macbook Pro doesnt boot up

Reaction score
Hi

I have just opened my new Macbook Pro. I have purchased from a well know reseller site.

I have removed the notebook from its box and plugged in the power adaptor.

When I try to power the unit on I get no display and a number of load beeps. To stop this I need to hold the power button in for 5-10 seconds. I hear the hard drive stop spinning and the beeps stop.

The same happens with power out. I have check the power button and it shows the device is nearly fully charged.

Please help as new to mac!

Thanks
Pappalim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
several beeps on boot indicate a RAM problem. Remove the battery and reseat the RAM inside. You may have to unscrew a small plate to get to the levers. Did you have the reseller upgrade the RAM? Check that the RAM matches what belongs in the machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
If your MBP is the new uni style then you won't be able to check the RAM solely without unscrewing the entire back plate. I would say bring it in to Apple and keep whatever care plan the computer still has on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.