Multiple series in chart in MS Excel 2008

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am trying to create a column graph with multiple columns for the same set of values on the x-axis (meaning, there will be 2 columns for each value on the x-axis). However, when I try to add a 2nd series within the Chart Data window (Chart>Chart Data), a message is displayed under the field for chart data range that says the following:

"The chart data range is to large to be displayed. If a new data range is selected, it will replace all of the series on the series panel."

Accordingly, when I try to select a new set of data, Excel changes the values of the columns for Series 1 to those that I am trying to select for Series 2.

Can anyone see a way around this? I don't see another option to select data on the formatting palette, and none of the other chart options seem appropriate.

A prompt response would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to figure this out for a class project that is due in 48 hrs.

Many thanks in advance for any help that you can offer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.