pro tools,reason, logic, fruity loops on mb?

Reaction score
hey all im newto all of this so i apologize if my question sounds stupid. What i'd like to ask is if its possible to run pro tools, logic , reason , fruity loops or any other music program on a macbook or macbook pro? Midi keyboard? If so what do u all recommend? What r things to look for and to look out for? Aprreciate it ppl thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x Quad Core Xeon 3.0, 8 Gb RAM, 4TB Storage, 8800 GT
Of course you can.

A midi keyboard is always a plus, as well as a soundcard with midi in/ out and maybe some more inputs if you want to use additional hardware.

OP
P
Reaction score
hey thanks for da reply...what i meant to ask was is it possible to have all those programs installed together..would it be a memory issue? Is 250gb hard disk space enough? I just wanna make 100% sure dat im gettin da right product that will suit my needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
250GB is fine - get as much RAM as you can afford :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2.5Ghz 15"
i have a macbook pro with a 250gb drive and 2gb ram and i can run protools 8 just fine as well as garageband

as for fruity loops, its a pc program so the only way you'd be able to run it is with boot camp or parallels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
If you are planning to run all these programs on your MBP the best thing you could do is get a decent sized external harddrive because you're going to want as much free space and ram as possible. The way that I do it- i keep all my files, songs, documents etc. on the external harddrive and JUST the applications on the computer itself. That way you will be able to save everything you want (wether it be a protools file, or word document) while also keeping your computer nice and clean so it will run smoothly. I've had this set up for about 4 years now and still have nothing but protools and logic and reason on it and it hasn't changed behavior since I bought it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Jmurr has it right. In case of computer failure you can wipe it and never lose the important files (and the pro tools ones can be pretty hefty size-wise)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.