Snow Leopard made huge icons in Grid View from Dock

Reaction score
I upgraded to snow leopard 2 days ago and noticed all promised improvements - I gained 20GB of memory and computer is faster!

There is one thing, however, that I am not at all happy with. When I click on Applications from the dock, the grid view shows HUGE ICONS! that I cannot find a way to reduce. Does anyone know a legal way to reduce the size of icons in grid view from dock?

The fan and list view seem alright and with small icons, it is just the grid view that changed, however either of these do not work for me because I want to have access to ALL applications in ONE window without having to scroll. When the icons are smaller, I can see all my applications in one window of the grid view, while now I have to scroll down, which needless to say is an empediment, given that I access this folder quite often while I work.

I attached a picture for you to see that the icons are huge and really look threatening!!! And also to illustrate what I am trying to say.

Thanks!
O:)

Screen shot 2009-10-11.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
I haven't seen a way to fix it yet in the forums I check regularly.
Sending feedback to Apple would be the best way..
Apple - Mac OS X - Feedback

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I do not believe there is a way to change the size of the icons in the stacks view. Maybe in future updates of SL that feature may be available. Now that I think about it, that would be kinda nice to have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
This does seem a little odd now that it's brought to attention. They should put a little side scroll at the top of the grid screen like they have for some program installations that you can slide left to make the icons smaller or right to make larger. Good find. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a way to resize this grid menu. I've spent the past 45 mins or so looking through every pref.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you all! I love the cummunity! Off to sending feedback to mac :) Your 45 min are 2 days for me - I really tried to find a solution before writing here. Thank you~~~

OP
D
Reaction score
Another not so pretty feature that shipped with Snow Leopard

One more issue I have not been able to "repair" in Snow Leopard:
When I "show all windows" the blue highlight of a selected window is brutal! Very thick and crude - also does not match anything else on my mac... I hope they will consider making it like before with Leopard - it was much more elegant! :Angry-Tongue:

However, this is a minor design issue... As a mac user I have become spoiled with beauty and just thought maybe they migrated a new designer from windows with the blue outline :)

I will not go back to Leopard, though. Snow Leopard is better and my laptop doesn't heat up at all like it used to! Overall I am very satisfied with Snow Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.