Getting a new Macbook...

Reaction score
I bought a Macbook in 2007, with OSX 10.4.11...
I'm deciding on whether I should get a new Macbook, or if I should just update everything on it. I'm leaning towards a new Macbook Pro though...
Oh, and I'm just a college student, so I prefer the cheaper way of course! So which way is cheaper, lasts longer, etc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
The macbook pro will be more expensive, but it will also last longer.

If money is an issue, just upgrade your RAM (if that is your issue) and keep your macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Money being an issue, upgrade your RAM if possible and get OS X SL and it will feel like a new computer for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2 2GB
I bought a Macbook in 2007, with OSX 10.4.11...
I'm deciding on whether I should get a new Macbook, or if I should just update everything on it. I'm leaning towards a new Macbook Pro though...
Oh, and I'm just a college student, so I prefer the cheaper way of course! So which way is cheaper, lasts longer, etc?

Specs on the computer?

I bought my MBP in mid 2007 and I just updated it. Spent ~120 bucks putting a bigger 7200 RPM hard drive in it, and put an extra gig of RAM in it so it now has 3GB of RAM.

When I did it I put a clean install of Snow Leopard and it is blazing. I would recommend doing the same. Go to Newegg.com and buy a 7200 RPM hard drive and put AT LEAST 2 gigs of ram in it and you should be good for another couple years of speedy use.
:) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HDD
If you prefer cheaper than you should go with upgrading your current MacBook ... you should be ok with that!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.