Xerox WorkCentre PE16 printer drivers for Mac OSX 10.5.8

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to use a Xerox WorkCentre PE16 printer with my Mac for the first time but, when I try to add this printer, I receive a message saying "unable to locate a suitable driver."

There are no drivers I can download through Software Update right now. Per some advice I found online, I tried to download the drivers for Samsung's SXC-4216F printer and use these instead. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to install these. When I try double-clicking on the download -- which has the extension .exe -- I see a message saying the program cannot run in DOS mode.

If anyone could help, I would really really appreciate it -- I'm out of the country and this is the only printer I have access to!

Thank you,
littlegazelle

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to use a Xerox WorkCentre PE16 printer with my Mac for the first time but, when I try to add this printer, I receive a message saying "unable to locate a suitable driver."

There are no drivers I can download through Software Update right now. Per some advice I found online, I tried to download the drivers for Samsung's SXC-4216F printer and use these instead. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to install these. When I try double-clicking on the download -- which has the extension .exe -- I see a message saying the program cannot run in DOS mode.

If anyone could help, I would really really appreciate it -- I'm out of the country and this is the only printer I have access to!

Thank you,
littlegazelle

I read the post about the samsung driver. Sounds like you downloaded the windows driver(DOS) Your looking for the Mac driver and in the post the machine it was used on ran 10.3. Good Luck

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks Mac SK! I have the Mac driver now and I've installed it. I'm still having a problem though. Even though I've installed the Mac driver, its not showing up on the menu of drivers when I try to select it.

I was thinking that the problem could be that I haven't removed the driver I had previously selected for this printer. The Samsung installation instructions say to remove the installed driver prior to installing the new one, but I didn't see any way to do that so I tried simply to choose the new driver after installing it.

Does that make sense? If so, anyone know how I can remove the installed driver? Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into System preferences > Print & Fax > and see what is listed there. If it shows the Windows machine, highlight and hit the little (-) sign.

This link to Xerox Australia provides the Tiger driver for your machine with no mention of Leopard. Give it a go, halfway down the page and if that does not work download Gimp on a trial basis and see if that is any better:-

Printer Driver Downloads, Printer Driver, Printer Drivers Fuji Xerox Australia

Gimp is here:-

GIMP - Downloads

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you Harryb! I am now able to print :)

Here is what I did:

1. Go into system preferences and uninstall the printer I want to print from (Xerox WorkCentre PE16)
2. Go to the library/printers folder and delete the Samsung folder
3. Reinstalled the Mac drivers for the Samsung SXC-4216F printer
4. Go to print
5. Re-add the Xerox WorkCentre PE16 printer
6. Print Using Samsung SPL 2.5 (this came up automatically)

Thank you both for your help! I really appreciate it!

Reaction score
help for this driver on 10.7.x lion version

i tried to do this but on lion it says "can't open XXXX because power pc applications are no longer supported"........any help? thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.