Wifi isn't working on Mac ?

Reaction score
I've been using IMac 20" for 5 months. After I installed Snow Leopard, I've got a wifi problem.

Sometime is not working but the airport's symbol looks fine. But when I get into the SAFARI it's not working.

I have to restart or turn the airport off and turn it on again then it comes back.

In the same time, My sister's PC that using wifi in the same time is working fine. But Mac is not.

What should I do??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Try another web browser, if you have one. I have a lot of them - Safari, Opera, Firefox, Chrome (beta), and OmniWeb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and MacBook Pro
There are several pieces of information in the Airport section of this forum. I had the same problem with my MBP and I had to take it into the Apple store. What they did was just configure the MBP to run on their in-store network and all was good after that. But in the forum there were suggestions of switching the security of your router to WAP (I think) and another to switch the channel being used to 6 (again I think). Do a search of the forums and I'm sure that you will find many answers that might work for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.