Need help Restoring iPhone 3gs from Time Machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Aluminium & iPhone 3GS
Hi Everyone, I'm new on this site, 1st post. I was trying to put some ringtones on my iphone and while in iTunes I got a massage that read something like:

"You've made changes to your iphone settings, do you want to change them now?"

It was something along those lines. The options were, Apply or Don't Apply. I thought it meant adding the ringtones to my iphone. So I hit apply.

Well instantly all of my songs and playlists were gone. I think that is all that was missing. My contract and calendar items are still there.

I don't know what happened. But I know another time I had the iphone plugged into the Mac, I did somehow end up deleting all of my contacts and calendar items and I was able to restore them with Time Machine. The problem is, I can't remember how I did it. And I tried to search online and I can't find what I'm looking for.

Can someone help explain to me how to restore my iphone on time machine? Or send me a webpage that tells how?

I got into Time Machine and select the date I want to back up to and then I have no clue what to do.

Please help!!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
By gone you mean just from the iPhone ? Just go back into iTunes make sure sync all music and playlists is checked and resync. No need for time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
By gone you mean just from the iPhone ? Just go back into iTunes make sure sync all music and playlists is checked and resync. No need for time machine. The message you saw came up when you unchecked your music.
Hope this helps

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Aluminium & iPhone 3GS
The songs aren't gone off of my Mac, just the phone. But the thing is, I have 1000 songs in iTunes and I don't want all of them on my phone, I had only select songs on my phone. And the playlists I had, I had created on the phone, they aren't in iTunes, so I'm trying to get back just what was on the phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.