Unable to uninstall Firefox 3.5.3 or change profile

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2009 2G Ram OS 10.5.8, B&W G3 10.3.9 and 9.2.2, Pismo 10.3.9
I've pulled everything I can find that mentions Firefox or Mozilla from my harddrive. Under library> app support I can't find a folder that says "profile", I can only find "extensions". After downloading a "fresh" copy of Firefox and doing the install I still see the same control bars that I had previously.

Obviously there's a file I've missed somewhere. Can anyone tell me where it is? Is there another library file somewhere that has the profile info stored?
1. removed Firefox alias from dock
2. removed Firefox from application folder
3. removed the "Mozilla" file from the App Support file in the library

What's left? Thanks for reading this. Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
I think you’re looking in the System Library folder (Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Mozilla). Instead, try looking in your personal Library folder. Go to your Home folder (Go→Home or ⇧⌘H) and open the Library folder there. Then in that Library’s Application Support folder you should see a Firefox folder. That’s the one holding your elusive profile. ;)

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I've been chasing my butt around the room trying to figure out what I did wrong. You found the info that appears to be less than clear in the uninstall guides. I appreciate your response. Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Dan download a little free utility called AppTrap. When you trash an application it removes all other files, hidden and otherwise.

AppTrap

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that. I've downloaded it now just in case something else comes up. You know, I've received much more direct help here in the short time i've been a member than all the other Mac help forums I've ever belonged to previously. Now, if someone would respond to my PHP question I'd be set for a while. Thank you again, Dan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.