New Apple MacBook Pro soon?

Reaction score
Ok, I am a noob, so please go easy on me. I just have a question. Does anyone know when a new lineup of Macs are coming in? More specifically the Apple MacBook Pro. I was just wondering, because I am thinking of considering one. Thank You!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ok, I am a noob, so please go easy on me. I just have a question. Does anyone know when a new lineup of Macs are coming in? More specifically the Apple MacBook Pro. I was just wondering, because I am thinking of considering one. Thank You!

Apple is notoriously tight-lipped about new product releases. Anything you read elsewhere is merely rumor and/or speculation. But seeing as the entire notebook line was just refreshed back in June, I think it's a safe bet that no new models are coming out anytime soon.

Reaction score
I, respectfully, dissagree. Obviously, this is just my speculation but I posted on another thread:

Interstingly, I was at BB today in the laptop section (PCs) and the salesperson said to wait for 2 weeks when the new i7 quad core processor laptops come out (in concert with the release of Windows 7). How this may affect you is ... the processor divide between PC and Macbooks will (very soon) become huge. I don't think Apple will be able to disregard these two facts (Win 7 + quad core laptops) without upping the processing power of the current MacBook/MBPs.

Obviously, the Mac leaks have been about an updated 13" MacBook (plastic) and the new iMacs. But, I wouldn't be surprised (heading into the upcoming holiday season in a tough economy) that Apple bumps up performance across the MacBook Pro line also.

Some may say, "well the MBPs are only mid cycle so no changes for a while." But look what Apple did with the current Nano. Already they added an FM tuner and video capture just a few months after release.

I believe, for the first time, that Win 7 + quad core processors pose a serious threat to Macs -- and I don't believe Apple is that shortsighted not to counter this threat

If you can wait for another 3-4 weeks you should see what will happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Historically, Apple updates the Macbook line twice a year, once in the Spring and once in the Fall. The Macbook Pros are usually updated late October while the Macbooks are updated in November.

Therefore, if Apple is sticking with its previous release schedule, then you can expect an update to the Macbook Pros by the end of the month or early next month.

Reaction score
but what upgrades could there possibly be?

nothing like design or adding bluray?

just merely specs like GHz or ram or hard drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2 2GB
but what upgrades could there possibly be?

nothing like design or adding bluray?

just merely specs like GHz or ram or hard drive?

I've heard rumors about blu-ray, but I could be completely wrong.

But yes, generally, the refreshes consist of a faster processor, more RAM, and a bigger hard drive for the same price as the outgoing model.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.