Can't get OS to load

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I do not know the exact specs of my iMac. I purchased it in February 2008 and it is the 24" version with the least amount of RAM.

I play World of Warcraft and recently the game began to have consistent crashes. I decided to reload Leopard to see if that may help the situation out. I did a complete wipe (and I assume a disk check was done with that) and install. I then installed World of Warcraft. That install went fine. Upon downloading the patch, I received an I/O error and I contacted Blizzard tech support. They suggested that I update the OS. I did that and now when the system tries to boot up I get the kernal panic that others have had issues with.

I cannot boot from the DVD and one USB port will not work and the other will recognize my mouse but not the keyboard.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Does it sound like a RAM, hard drive or motherboard issue?

OP
B
Reaction score
Thing is, I can't even get into the OS to do any troubleshooting.

No matter what I try, I get that kernal panic screen.

"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button for several seconds or press the restart button."

I tried booting from the DVD but all it does is spin and eventually get to that screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
try

try resetting the pram, restart holding down command, option, p & r keys until you hear the chime TWICE, then let it run, see if that helps;P

Reaction score
Youve got the system all messed up. Your going to have to clean install the OS again and do not install the game untill the machine runs right. There may something wrong with the game installer. They sling these games out on inferior disc's. Hope you have backed up your stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.