imac 2.66 or imac 2.95 or imac 3.06

Reaction score
Hi all

Thank for the site !! :p

I got a question, i am a student that need a computer for homework, internet and play starcraft 2 ( when it come out of course ;) ) so i am looking for the new imac. I want to buy a imac that will last me at lest 5 year witouht being stuck with a slow machine, so i wonder if i am best buying the biggest imac even if a know i wont use it to it full power or if i should buy the 2.66 and change it in 3 year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Depends on 2 things - how much money you have and what sort of computers will be built in the next 5 years - welcome to the Forum but remember Crystal Balls are not that reliable.

OP
S
Reaction score
well finally i think the best would be too buy the 2.66 that fit more then my need and keep my money for other thing :p

T

todd51

If your not in need of it in a hurry, I would almost recommend waiting. I'm sure the product line will be refreshed soon. Or at least those are the rumors going about. March was the last time the iMacs got updates.

Just something to think about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
If you can afford it, do the 2.93 or 3.06 with the larger drive and up the RAM....that will keep it current for a long time...

Reaction score
I got the Imac 2.93 yesterday, first Mac, and Im so pleased with it.
I do think the Hard Drive for such a computer is on the very small side, I got a 1TB usb drive £70, and time machine can use it for backing up every thing.
I dont know the game you want to play so cant help on that.

But for another £300 you can get the next model up 3.06 should keep you going for a few years. up faster CPU and bigger Hard Drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.