Mac update - can I remove it?

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently moved to OS X from Windows, and my friend sold me his Final Cut Pro 4 software, which i installed fine and used a bit... OS X updated it the other day, and now it refuses to open properly...

I've tried dragging it to the trash, emptying it, and reinstalling it, but that doesn't seem to work... How can i completely get rid of the update, so I can continue to work on the older program?

Thanks

Jude

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
You could re-install Panther/Jaguar/OSX with the discs. Don't know if you could update from Apple version by version or if it's lumped as one large update to get you up to speed. :)

X

xthisisRomancex

Actaully if you go to google ande seach for the os you where at (OS 10.x.x) it will give u a link to the apple site and u can go from there

OP
J
Reaction score
Right, ok...

Not sure I explained myself properly... it was Final Cut Pro that updated, through 'software update' along with security updates etc.... Not the OS updating...

Jude

H

headbgone

im having the same problem but reinstalling it isnt working i have way to much on my computer to reinstal from a clean wipe does anyone think doing an archive and instal will work i have 10.3.9 after updates and i never checked what it was before updates

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.