My Freehand Masterpiece

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I just completed this today for class in Macromedia Freehand MX, which is a vector based app for those who don't know. The assignment was to scan an photo and vectorize it to the best of your ability. It's kind hard to work with Freehand, because there were a couple of things that could have been done very easily in Adobe Illustrator CS. Yet, I had no option to use Illustrator. I still don't like Macromedia Freehand MX as much as I like Illustrator though.

flowercutout.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Very nice! My favorite is still freehand, but probably because I used it more when I was in the business than I did Illustrator :) Great job!

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Murlyn said:
Very nice! My favorite is still freehand, but probably because I used it more when I was in the business than I did Illustrator :) Great job!

I'm only in the fourth chapter in the Freehand MX textbook, so maybe when I get through to the end of the book, I might find my way around the features to make things more easier.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stugotz006 said:
Nice. Any autotracing?

What's that, is it a feature in Freehand? I took me about 7-9 hours to complete, but if there is an easier way to do something please tell me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah there is a tool that will take a graphic/photo etc that you import into freehand and it will auto trace it according to the settings that you choose. I do believe the keyword is autotracing so look in the help for it.. there is a little tool that looks like a page with a line around it or something like that.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Murlyn said:
Yeah there is a tool that will take a graphic/photo etc that you import into freehand and it will auto trace it according to the settings that you choose. I do believe the keyword is autotracing so look in the help for it.. there is a little tool that looks like a page with a line around it or something like that.

That would have saved me so much time, but I'm learning the program, so it was probably better that I took the hard way. I'll probably try it out and see what results I get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
HOLY WRAP!!!

thats awesome!!!!111seven1!1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.