Mac Programming Colleges

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
Hello, I am currently a 10th grade student who is taking CompSci and plans on taking APCompSci next year. My hope is to become a software engineer (program operating systems/applications) for Apple. I know that mainly Cocoa and Java are used in programming for Mac.

Now, does anyone know of good colleges which have programs designed for Mac programming? I have an average 3.6 GPA so I think I have a good shot at most colleges minus ivies.

Any input form you guys (or maybe even an Apple employee) would be great.

Thanks!

Reaction score
There are few and widely scattered courses in some colleges that deal with Computer Programming, specifically Mac OS X/Mac OS in general. You could research this in Google. I've wanted to be a lot of things the last few years, I've settled mainly on between developing and starting a computer company of my own. I'm a senior with pretty much the same dilemma so, best of luck to you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Don't worry about learning to program for a particular platform. Find a school that teaches programming without focusing on a single OS. Many of the better ones will assume you're using some flavor of Unix/Linux anyway.

You want your skills to be as widely applicable as possible.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
Thanks for the replies, I will continue my search for colleges that offer a wide variety of these types of courses.

So far I've found:
University of Washington
Carnegie Mellon (might be a stretch)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.