Problem Saving Web Archive Files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hi All,
I've got a perplexing problem which I can't figure out:
For the last year, I've saved a copy of each of my on line auction listing pages. In Safari, I open the page, click to Save As & save them as a webarchive, the default.
The older ones (a year or so old) open just fine. The are an exact copy of the web page.
All of the new ones won't open with the photos, formatting or other stuff. basically, they are a block of text. I tried turning my network off & no part of the file opens. Instead, I get the Your Are Not Conected To The Internet message.

I looked at the address bar in Safari. When I open the old files, the file path shows, right to where I keep them. When I open the problem ones, the address bar shows the file path for a second to two, then switches to an address at the original web site. It is as if there is something re-directing the program.
I tried saving a generic web page & same thing happens. Looking at file information with Command-I shows the ones that work and the problem ones are basically the same, including the file path (to my desktop folder).
It has me baffled. What is telling some of the files to go to the internet & some to behave and open as requested?

Do any of you know what in the world is going on & how I can save these web pages? Thank you all very much!
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.