Mail and Address Book

Reaction score
I am a new mac user and I have one main question.

How do you make it so in Mail instead of seeing under the "From" column currently I see *****@***.com I have the email addresses in my Address Book on my mac but they don't sync together? Instead of seeing the address, I want to see my Contacts name.

Is the above possible? If so can you please explain to me how I go about activating this feature. Thanks!

Also, When I click on the actual email in the header area I see all the contact info. Including contact name and picture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 5G 30GB iPod.
I believe checking this box in your preferences should do the trick.

Picture 1.png

OP
A
Reaction score
It still didn't work. I selected it and nothing so I restarted my laptop and still see address, no name. I even sent a test email from another account to see if maybe only new messages have the update and still, only see email.

I just checked, it does it on my iPhone also. It has the address but when I click on the message it shows the contacts name.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Does removing the recipient's name from the mail>window>previous recipients make a difference? Removing them from there will have no effect on your address book, but perhaps at one time you typed in the full email address and the Previous Recipients picks this up. Once removed from there, you should be able to simply start typing the actual name into mail and it should show up like in your address book. I routinely completely clear the previous recipients so I don't take the chance of sending something to the wrong person.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.