iTunes warning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, 640Gb HD, 8Gb iPod (thanks son!)
I'm pretty new to Mac so forgive me; but what's with iTunes "Are you sure you want to get album artwork?" when doing a search for album info? At first iTunes said I had to setup an account, so I did. Now it gives me that message + "Information about songs with missing artwork will be sent to Apple. Apple does not keep any information related to the contents of you music library." Huh?
Is there anything illegal about converting your CD music collection to iTunes? Before I switched to Mac I could lookup artwork & album info for my Walkman with Windows Media Player without any problems.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It is only telling you up front that info is being sent in order for it look up the missing artwork. Without the info being sent, iTunes would not be able to look up the info.

The same thing, as far as the info being sent, occurred on your windows machine. You're just being informed that is what's happening.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, 640Gb HD, 8Gb iPod (thanks son!)
It is only telling you up front that info is being sent in order for it look up the missing artwork. Without the info being sent, iTunes would not be able to look up the info.

The same thing, as far as the info being sent, occurred on your windows machine. You're just being informed that is what's happening.

Wow; that's all? It sound more like Big Brother! I guess Mac tells you about info being sent from your computer, whereas Windows just sends it.;D We're good! Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.