Apple logo then black screen!

Reaction score
I searched but couldn't find the answer I was looking for...
I've been using my mini for home theater use and it's been great up until this issue. I run my DVI and audio through a converter with a single HDMI output connected to my tv. The other day I was adjusting the resolutions and everything goes black! I restarted and just get the Apple logo then a black screen. I connected it to my computer monitor and all is good. I reset the resolutions there and hook it back into the converter. Same problem. I bypass the converter and plug the Mini straight into my tv. Video is fine! So, I figure my converter box has gone out, so I hook my MacBook Pro up to it and I have audio and video right away. I read a few forums and go and delete the display files from the preferences folder, but that does no good. I delete the entire preferences folder and it still doesn't work. I've reset the PRAM and tried to boot into safe mode (shift @ start), but I get nothing. Does anyone have any other ideas? Oh, I've also reinstalled Snow Leopard, just an upgrade b/c I have 400GB of movies I don't wanna lose. I don't have enough HDD space left to Archive and Install, so I've gotta fix this. Anyone know of a new trick? You'd be my HERO!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.