why does safari unexpectedly quit

Reaction score
why does safari unexpectedly quit when I go on certain websites? It seems likee my computer runs rather slow compared to when I first had it.

OP
C
Reaction score
If I reset safari will

If I reset safari will it erase files or anything saved on my computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
OP
C
Reaction score
I have read that you would lose your passwords. What are they refering to? I am not very confident with messing with my computer. i thought of trying to reset safari because I read the above link which suggested trying this because safari unexpectedly quit when I go onto certain sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Losing passwords means losing saved passwords. Like if you log on a forum (Mac-forums.net) for instance, you log in and tick "remember me" or "save password" then your password is automatically saved. When you reset Safari, it'll be removed. That's all I can tell you. By the way, I am not sure that resetting it will remove your passwords, but oh well.

OP
C
Reaction score
I am just trying to understand the implications of resetting safari if I do so. I really am not that computer savy. I just wanted to know what could do to fix safari. Reading up on the link up above I am not knowledgable enough to understand or attempt any of the various suggestions. Any suggestions either about safari or how to stop safari from quitting would be greatly apprecciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
This is an annoying glitch that has only been occurring on my iMac since the upgrade to Snow Leopard. It seems to happen when I select a link from an online newspaper.

Come on Apple, fix it please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am just trying to understand the implications of resetting safari if I do so. I really am not that computer savy. I just wanted to know what could do to fix safari. Reading up on the link up above I am not knowledgable enough to understand or attempt any of the various suggestions. Any suggestions either about safari or how to stop safari from quitting would be greatly apprecciated. Thanks
I understand your reluctance to try something you're unfamiliar with. Unfortunately, anything I could tell you to do would be on the list in the link above. There is no magic Easy button. This is not Staples. You have to do something. It won't fix itself.

Perhaps you have a friend or an offspring who is more comfortable with such things, and could help you. I'd suggest going back to that link and printing it out. If you want to try it on your own, and you have specific questions about the instructions, post them here.

It's unlikely that you would do more damage by trying to do what is in that link. Don't worry. If something goes wrong, it's probably reversible. Take notes of what you do and what happens.

This is an annoying glitch that has only been occurring on my iMac since the upgrade to Snow Leopard. It seems to happen when I select a link from an online newspaper.

Come on Apple, fix it please.
This isn't Apple Computer, Inc. Tell them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
This isn't Apple Computer, Inc. Tell them.

The machine does it for me, every time Safari stalls. They have the information, I'd like them to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They have the information, I'd like them to use it.

I think if 250,000 people reinforced the "Report to Apple" messages with a politely worded e-mail, they'd move a little faster. Fortunately, I haven't had problems with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.