Mail keeps trying to recover failed download

Reaction score
Okay so to start off my internal 250gb hard drive failed so i had to take the old 80gig one that came with my macbook and put it into it till i get my replacement so my internal drive is all but full. I installed SL back on it and used my time machine backups to get all my stuff back.

To make matters worse my apple mail is acting up. The other night i tried to send my friend and email with a folder in it that was bigger than i thought and mail came back saying the file was too big so i stopped it and sent a few files at a time instead of the whole folder.

The really problem is that my apple mail for some reason keeps recovering this file i tried to send and i can't get it to stop. As of right now i have over 520 of the same message and it won't stop. I've tried disconnecting that account from online and it just turns itself back on. I've even stopped it, deleted what was in it and quit mail and restarted my computer and it immediately started doing it again. And now i went from having 10gigs of free space on my hd down to 880mb so its really killing my very limited hard drive space.

Please someone help me!!!

OP
H
Reaction score
I just figured it out! I had to delete my account and link it back up and its not doing it now!

I'm not sure why it did it but at least its fixed now.

So if anyone has this similar problem this is the fix.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Reaction score
Thanks

Hi man, I just created an account here just to thank you - even though it was a simple solution I must say I tried a loooot of stuff before finding this thread and this might have saved me an hour or two of frustration :p

So thanks! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.