trouble restoring itunes library & playlists

Reaction score
howdy

apple put a new hard drive in my macbook pro 17". i have not been able to restore my itunes library or playlists and of course i want to recreate it as it was. did not want to do a full time machine restore so i have been bringing in applications, docs etc as needed to restore what i want and hopefully avoid any bad stuff from a failing hard drive that might come back in with a full time machine restore.

i also upgraded to 10.6.1 since the last time machine restore was done.

maybe i have to revert to 10.5?

help would be appreciated

thanks

dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Not clear on the problem. Can you be more specific?

OP
B
Reaction score
they replaced my hard drive so my docs, music, photos, apps and everything else has to come in from my external time machine backup HD.

want to bring my itunes library and playlists in from the external time machine HD backup. have not been able to figure this out although i have tried several times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Hmm. That is a tough one. It's not exactly designed for that. Have you tried Google?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
time machine

if you have the backups in time machine, just go back to time where the library was, select itunes from music files , then click restore;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
I emailed I tunes and explained to them that I had to have my hard drive replaced and they simply downloaded them, not all of them, to my iTunes. I don't know how many times they will do this for you. I have had to have my hard drive replaced twice and my two externals conked out on me after a couple of months so lost everything. Now I do what they suggest. I burn them to CD's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.