Publish IWeb

Reaction score
Trying to publish an IWeb somewhere else than me.com. I copied the files to my domain via ftp but when I go to my site it says forbidden.. Is there another way to do it? I have published it to me.com and works fine.

I don't want my site on web.me.com etc.. I have a domain all ready. So I make the site on another program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Not that I know of. My advice to you is this:

DON'T use WYSIWYG software. You end up with extraneous codes and files, and it just becomes a huge mess. If you want to talk more about that, feel free to PM me or post here. I strongly recommend that you just learn HTML codes. These web design programs often create more trouble then they help you.

OP
decoman
Reaction score
Not that I know of. My advice to you is this:

DON'T use WYSIWYG software. You end up with extraneous codes and files, and it just becomes a huge mess. If you want to talk more about that, feel free to PM me or post here. I strongly recommend that you just learn HTML codes. These web design programs often create more trouble then they help you.

I do know basic code and actually just trying design a basic page to promote something for my biz and the page will be deleted in 60 days. I have had a professional site designed by someone. I hate paying sometimes for the small stuff : )

I do understand what your saying as iweb has created alot of sub directories and such for such a basic page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Right. And it's not just iWeb, all of the WYSIWYG programs will do that. There is really no good alternative to hand-coded pages. And once you know the codes, it's fast (I'm no expert by any means, but I manage to design things when I need to). I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
If you have GMail or Google Apps, you can use Google Sites, although iWeb looks much better. If you don't, you can always get GMail for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.