Why is there no updates to graphics card on macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
I was wondering why there is never any updates to the graphics card drivers on my machine?
I have had this computer about a year and a half now and have never see any graphics updates with the software updates. Graphics companies usually release updated display drivers and better engines almost monthly and was wondering why this doesn't come through in updates

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was wondering why there is never any updates to the graphics card drivers on my machine?
I have had this computer about a year and a half now and have never see any graphics updates with the software updates. Graphics companies usually release updated display drivers and better engines almost monthly and was wondering why this doesn't come through in updates

Given the "all-in-one" nature of Macs (you buy a complete product & let Apple worry about the details)...maybe these graphics card updates or improvements are bundled in some way with the updates that come from Apple via "Software Update".

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There have been a few graphic driver updates with the point updates over the years that I have seen. in other words by Point updates 10.4.1 10.4.2 ETC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
ATI Radeon sure do release drivers for OS upgrades. See this link:-

Graphics Drivers & Software

Scroll down to MAC and see updates for later operating systems. Apple then bring these out in Software Updates from time to time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.