I am a New iMac Owner!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac MA876LL/A
Hi! I am a retired electronics service person. I have been a electronics technician since September 1961 and worked on anything that stays on the ground (nothing that leaves the ground)! I have always used PCs and lived with the problems that they provide to the world and when my son came home to visit us this last summer ... he brought with him a new 24" iMac!! He let me play with it for about 3 weeks and I liked it. Since I am a tech by trade I went to ebay and found a disabled 20" intel duo Core 2 system that had a defective hard drive! (And pretty cheap at that) I obtain a service manual (via ebay) and did my technical thing to it. Within 1 hour, I had the defective drive out...identified it (was still under warranty) obtained a replacement from the manufacture and I am totally happy with the iMac. Of course, I obtained Snow Leopard and the iWork09 etc. Even added a Time Machine (a Vantec Firewire 800 ext case) and now I am going to see if I can provide some technical support to this forum ... if needed.
Again...I am very very pleased with my apple product!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
That's great! Welcome to the forum! Feel free to jump in! The more people here who know how to solve problems, the better! It's like free tech support where everyone is both a support agent and a product user!

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac MA876LL/A
FYI I did serve a National Tech Support for a large computer service organization here in the USA!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Enjoy that iMac!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Enjoy that iMac!:)

- Nick

Ditto here....

420px-Thumbs_up.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Cool! Welcome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Welcome and enjoy !

Reaction score
Sweet. Enjoy it here! I'm using a Power Mac, older than the hills (so it seems, at least with the PPC processor).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Welcome! Love your story. Too often the story from "switchers" is "This thing doesn't work! It won't do things my old Dell did so well!! I'm ready to throw this piece of junk in the garbage!" Of course, the problem is the operator not the OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2.2ghz i7 quadcore 8gbRAM 750gbHD 1.0gbVRAM Radeon 6570M iPod Touch 4G 32gb iPhone 4S
Welcome to the Forum!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Of course, the problem is the operator not the OS.

No, not necessarily. Windows seems to have a mind of it's own and just doesn't do what you want it to do, and on top of that everything seems to be harder than it should.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
iPod, I think he was referring to OS X not Windows. Welcome to the forums lhibrgr. I like how you even fixed your first Mac and even better, you love it! Keep digging around in there I'm sure you'll find some neat stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac dual core 2.4g with 2gb ram
I'm a retired postal technician that used to design power supplies for a living - before the job moved over to China.
I bought my refurbed imac in late 2007 and have been very happy with it. I still have 3 windows boxes and a dell laptop running XP or 2000 but use the imac most of the time.
Enjoy the ride!

Bobc

Hi! I am a retired electronics service person. I have been a electronics technician since September 1961 and worked on anything that stays on the ground (nothing that leaves the ground)!
Again...I am very very pleased with my apple product!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.