Active window question/problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
I'm running two monitors and use Adobe products extensively. One thing that drives me batty is that when a window is inactive, half of the content from that program disappears. Who thought that was a good idea?

So the way I have to interface with my webdev and my production servers requires that I need to be able to see everything thats in my Dreamweaver window. Is there anyway to keep the entire program on the screen when I'm on the other monitor accessing another program?

This is one place where, i'm sorry, the PC is better. And lets not talk about how confusing Photoshop is when I can see everything else going on behind an image. Totally lame. There's gotta be a way around this. Photoshop has full-screen modes, but even they are not as good as PC Photoshops standard screen mode.

dp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
Try - System Preferences > Display > set the resolution for both then click on Arrangement, set the layout of the two screens in relation to their vertical positioning, (left click on each then drag and drop to position) Check the colour profile and you should be OK.

OP
canyonchaser
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
Try - System Preferences > Display > set the resolution for both then click on Arrangement, set the layout of the two screens in relation to their vertical positioning, (left click on each then drag and drop to position) Check the colour profile and you should be OK.

Yeah, thats not the problem. My monitors are lined up correctly, but as soon as I click on another program, the half of the adobe content disappears, leaving only the project I'm working on, removing the styles, assets, etc panels.

dp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The content will not disappear. Only the toolbars will disappear, to give you more room to work with your other applications. (You can't use the tools when the program is inactive, anyway.)

OP
canyonchaser
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
The content will not disappear. Only the toolbars will disappear, to give you more room to work with your other applications. (You can't use the tools when the program is inactive, anyway.)

Yeah, but I need to see whats in those toolbars.

Same goes with Photoshop. I don't need to see all the clutter behind PS, including my wall-paper. Should I just change my wallpaper to 50% grey?

Mac's are supposed to be so much better, surely there must be a solution/option for this?

dp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Sounds like your contention is with Adobe, not Apple. AFAIK, you lose toolbars when you go to an entirely different program.

Another idea: what about using Spaces to have multiple workspaces open? Where you hoping to eyedrop between apps or just see the toolbars?

OP
canyonchaser
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
Sounds like your contention is with Adobe, not Apple. AFAIK, you lose toolbars when you go to an entirely different program.

Another idea: what about using Spaces to have multiple workspaces open? Where you hoping to eyedrop between apps or just see the toolbars?

Someone else mentioned Spaces. Perhaps thats the solution I'm looking for. I'll have to figure out what that is and how to use it.

dp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.