Internet and Windows via Bootcamp

Reaction score
Can someone help me with setting up internet on my BootCamp Windows OS for Mac?

Ok, so I just recently installed BootCamp on my Mac and made a Windows Vista Home Premium Lite partition. I've been trying all day to get internet on the partition when I run it but with no success.

I have an Airport Express so I thought if I just installed the software given to me on from the purchase of the router, that I would be able to pick up the Base Station and get wireless. No such luck...It says that it can't find any networks and also on my network preferences, there is no option to switch to a wireless network.

Now, I haven't installed the CD that you get when you buy a MacBook Pro and I know that you have to do that because it contains software for the BootCamp partition. I just moved to New York from California because I'm going to college here and I didn't think about taking that.

So anyone have any help? Is it because I haven't installed the drivers and programs that Mac provides for BootCamp partitions? Should I have my family send it asap?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
By all means have your family send you your OS X DVD. Without it you can not install drivers and without drivers you will not get on the internet. Plus, you won't be able to utilize sound and video to the fullest extent while in Vista.

Since you're in NY, why don't you go to the nearest Apple store or Best Buy and purchase Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) for $29. You can use the Snow Leopard DVD to install drivers for Boot Camp. The Snow Leopard DVD has the latest drivers for XP and Vista..

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.