Transparent Dock

Reaction score
I used Transparent Dock to make my dock, well.... transparent. I've deleted everything on my computer that has the word transparent in it ( :) ). However, my dock is still transparent.

How can I reset it back to the way it was?? (Factory)

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
did you use cleardock? you need to reinstall, set everything back to 'not clear' and then you can uninstall properly...should be in the readme or directions

-chris

if you go to system preferences, ape manager, then click on revert to default...then click on information, and under there is the uninstall button.....this is all considering you used cleardock....or maybe since it seems you just deleted everything, try a restart.

OP
M
Reaction score
coach_z said:
did you use cleardock? you need to reinstall, set everything back to 'not clear' and then you can uninstall properly...should be in the readme or directions

-chris

if you go to system preferences, ape manager, then click on revert to default...then click on information, and under there is the uninstall button.....this is all considering you used cleardock....or maybe since it seems you just deleted everything, try a restart.

I've restarted multiple times. I did not use cleardock. I used Transparent Dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hmm, never heard of transparent dock. maybe you could install clear dock, reset it to factory look, then uninstall clear dock.

B

Badger

The suggestions to reinstall and reset the dock are right. TD modifies some Dock files that will stay modified if you don't reset them. After doing that the "Read Me" says to uninstall by removing the following Items:
- "TransparentDock 2.0" folder (located wherever it was originally installed/copied from the disk image or archive)
- "TransparentDock Preferences" folder (located in the user preferences folder (~/Library/Preferences))
- "com.freerangemac.transparentdock.plist" file (located in the user preferences folder)
- "TransparentDock.plist" file (located in the user preferences folder)

J

Jefe3223

Transparent dock is known to have problems (namely, removing the ENTIRE dock!). So, I'd just follow some of the advice said above (ie. cleardock install, or reinstalling the preferences from the os disks...)

Reaction score
I tried installing CD but not working here...figures!
where did you guys download CD from?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.