Cube problems with printing

W

wendz

My Cube is starting to play up. This mornings problem is it will not print anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my printers,restarted my computer about 3 times, tried to print from nearly every app there is and it comes up with the same messages
Error not enough memory

I am running OS 10.3.8
The printers I have are.... HP laserjet 2100TN (postscript Printer) connected through appletalk
HP deskjet 845C USB connection

Up until I logged on this morning, they worked perfectly.I have not downloaded anything either.

OP
I

iDVFH.

Might have read your post wrong but, do you have to run Classic to print? also Mac for some reason doesn't let you print unless you have color and black ink installed (well my iBook does anyway)

OP
W

wendz

No I don't have to run classic to print ,in fact I don't have classic on my computer.
I don't know about printing unless you have colour and black ink installed. Up untill I booted my computer this morning it has been working perfectly from when I got my cube in 2000.
The message is... Error not enough memory!

It was working last night. this morning it is not. So how about it all you Mac experts, What has happened ? Last night enough memory, today not enough,

The computer was turned right off during the night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you repaired permissions or run cron scripts? thats really a weird problem, my cube is so good, I never have problems. :D
how much ram and available hard drive space do you have?

OP
W

wendz

where do I find out how much memory is used and how much free? System profiler is telling me nothing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
mac hd>applications>utilities>activity monitor. it shows how much ram/memory is in use,
and any finder window will tell you how much hd space you have left.

OP
W

wendz

space utilized 8.92 GB
Space free 10.16 GB
System memory
wired=37.51MB
active=133.10MB
inactive=71.27MB
used 242.32 MB

VM size 3.24GB

I havent repaired permissions and what are Cron scripts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
go to versiontracker and down load Macjanitor it will run them for you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.