I lost my audio on my PC, but . . .

Reaction score
I am planning on getting rid of this old PC system...way too much BS, but want to buy a Mac desktop of some sort. I realize I'll need to transfer all my files off this PC to the Mac and use VPC on future Mac. My one question is whether or not I'll be able to recover my audio on a new Mac when I buy one? In essence, I lost it on this PC for whatever reason. I cannot listen to You Tube or TMZ or online videos. Of course I'm able to listen to all of my music files in specific folder I have them in (on Windows Media Player)....but once I'm on the Mac VPC....will I be able to listen to YouTube etc?
Believe me, I've tried everything on this PC to fix or regain my audio....but no go. In fact I logged into YouTube and tried configuring my audio settings (global etc.) in there...alas, no go. But just curious if even though my Windows platform cannot allow audio now....will this still remain after file transfer onto a new Mac? Thanks for in-depth feedback when you can.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you are buying a new Mac, lack of functionality (audio missing in this case) on the PC doesn't have any effect on the Mac.

Also, you don't necessarily need to run a virtual PC on the Mac if you just wish to visit Youtube or other sites. The reason to run Windows in a virtual machine on the Mac is because some application is Windows specific and you HAVE to run it..

Regards

OP
D
Reaction score
Going from PC to MAC

I realize all that's required in order to make transition from PC to MAC but have a question. As it stands right now I lost my audio on PC platform and can no longer listen to YouTube, TMZ etc. I've tried every concievable fix but to no avail. If I get new MAC and run in VPC, will I hypothetically be able to regain / listen to audio again?
I currentlyy can listen to my music files on Windows Media Player . . but audio on internet, no. So in essence, would it be fixed by my inevitable switch from XP Pro to MAC?
(mind you, I'm not buying MAC just for this purpose - but . . . ???)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
NOTE: Merged Duplicate Threads

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.